DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Make an impact by helping with blood collection
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
This summer, turn your compassion into action when you volunteer with the American Red Cross. Looking for a fun and meaningful way to give back? Become part of the Red Cross team by supporting local blood drives as a Blood Donor Ambassador!
* Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary, and assist with initial intake and handoffs
through the blood donation process
* Manage donor flow and direct donors to tablet registration
* Model excellent customer service behaviors
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while
creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for
* Check if the donor was provided post-donation information before leaving the drive
* Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product
for maximum impact
* Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
* May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow-up activities
* Variable; preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours
* Must be over the age of 17
*Must clear background check
* Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
* Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
* Ability to understand the technology needed for the position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
* Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
* Ability to regularly commit to a schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change-driven culture
Length of Appointment
* Preferably 6 months - 1 year, renewable each year
* Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
* Network and meet new people
* Develop customer service skills that last a lifetime
To learn more or apply visit redcross.org/volunteer or https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=2244&h=990&p=1757797 or contact email@example.com
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Buckingham, VA 23921
August 29, 2023
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Variable; preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours