DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Board Member Needed (serve virtually)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
YOU have a strategic mind, can see the big picture and understand what an organization has to do to achieve its goals. If you’re looking for a professional and personal rewarding experience, this position is for you. This is a way you can have a bigger impact by lending your talent to a worthwhile cause.
WE are on a mission to make education accessible to children in Liberia so they can have the tools they need to be successful leaders in their country. Our goal is to one day have developed enough leaders that YesLiberia will no longer be needed. And we encourage you to join us as we make history in Liberia together.
Over the past 14 years, we have paid tuition for 7,600 students between 1st grade and 12th grade who may not have gone beyond an elementary education without us. We could do more, but we need someone like you on our team to help oversee the organization and manage operational activities as a board member.
YesLiberia is looking for volunteer board members who can provide strategic direction in the areas of either expanding fundraising, establishing partnerships, managing operations, or providing marketing and communication services. As a board member with expertise in one or more of these areas, you would be spending an estimated 2-3 hours/week doing the following:
- Developing strategy to enhance and optimize our programs and operations while upholding the organization's by-laws
- Leading one of our focus areas or departments based on your experience or expertise
- Participating in an hour-long virtual board calls ONLY once a month and attend an annual board retreat
- Meeting other volunteers on cross-functional team meetings as you see fit
- Using personal connections to advance the organization’s mission, opening doors, and connecting us with others who can donate, volunteer, or advise
- Contributing to the organization in other ways
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Strong desire to help children and families in need
- Extremely Reliable, Ethical, and Results-Oriented
- Ability to represent the organization virtually or in-person in your local area
- Ability to provide incremental updates on activities you’re leading or managing
- Ability to lead a few volunteers as they perform routined weekly tasks for you
- Ability to co-oversee one of the following focus areas for the organization: Operations, Fundraising, Innovation/Strategy, Grant Writing, Human Resources, Marketing, Communication, or Partnership Development
If you are interested in becoming a board member for YesLiberia, please fill out this form.
P O Box 241, Carlisle, PA 17013, US
Our mission is to empower young people through meaningful service learning opportunities in education, healthcare, and technology. We do this through strategic partnerships and learning models to utilize existing youth habits and uphold societal values in the communities we work.
Conviction created YesLiberia. Daily the needs of underprivileged are ignored. We ignore their struggles because it’s easier to deal with the more important things in our lives-- like climbing the corporate ladder and saving money so we don’t become indigent. And some of us ignore their challenges because they bring back unpleasant memories we seek to repress. But disregarding the plight of the underprivileged yields no resolution. Then certain things happen to remind us their struggles exist no matter how hard we try to pretend our needs surpass theirs.
Jallah was convicted by several of those things over a short period of time. The prostitution of children in Thailand reminded him of Liberia. The rape and war in Congo reminded him of Liberia. The genocide in Rwanda reminded him of Liberia. He remembered his underprivileged past--a past where he was seen as less than elite based on his tribal and economic status and where his education came as a gift from the United Methodist Church.
Reminded, he became convicted to act and YesLiberia was founded to educate and help underprivileged Liberians whose plight he intimately understood.
YesLiberia is a 501c3 charity organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service since July 2009. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law. YesLiberia is also registered at four government agencies in Liberia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 6, 2023
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 26