Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: League for the Blind and Disabled, Inc.
Volunteer Job Description
Volunteer Position: Driver
Reports to: Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Expected Outcome: The efforts of this position will help those consumers who are having difficulties accessing public transportation or other transportation supports to attend group meetings.
General Responsibilities: This position requires the volunteer to provide transportation and escort consumers to group activities for the League.
Essential Volunteer Job Duties:
1. To contact consumers to let them know the approximate time you will pick them up
for group activities.
2. To pick up consumers at their homes and drive them to and from group activities.
3. To learn how to guide consumers properly. League will provide Sighted guide
training by O&M Specialist.
4. To provide the Volunteer Engagement Specialist with any necessary information needed.
1. Must have a vehicle and be willing to use it for transporting consumers.
2. Must have a valid Indiana driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
3. Must be able to provide proof of full coverage insurance.
4. Must be able to keep consumer/Center information confidential.. Must be willing and able to guide consumers properly or learn how to do so.
6. Must be willing to sign a limited release of information/records for a criminal
Volunteers are encouraged to ask questions, give comments, and provide criticisms and suggestions on ways to improve service to consumers. Such input may be directed to the Volunteer Coordinator or Program Director.
The League for the Blind & Disabled, welcomes volunteers without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or type of disability. Neither will you be excluded from the provision of services, or denied the benefits of, or be subjected to, discrimination by the League on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or type of disability.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
5821 South Anthony BoulevardFort Wayne, IN 46816
August 3, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH