Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Restoring Our Youth Organization Inc.
- Job Position Description
We are looking for an experienced Event coordinator to organize excellent events. You will be responsible for every aspect of an event, from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards. Our Event coordinator must be well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail. Add a shot of enthusiasm and passion for the job and you’ll be our ideal candidate. The goal is to organize unforgettable events that will ensure the entertainment of participants and facilitate the completion of organization objectives.
This individual reports directly to the SR. Community Mentor Coord.
This individual supervises assignedCommunity Mentors & volunteer workers in a designated community
- Meet deliverables for Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Mentoring planning.
- Understand requirements for each event
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book venues and schedule speakers
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Seek volunteers to help ensure the events responsibilities of events are accomplished
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Proven experience as event coordinator
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Degree in public relations or relevant field is preferred and a plus
What we offer as an nonprofit Organization
We are committed to delivering on our mission by providing help to our target communities who need it most. We also appreciate those who dedicate their spare time to volunteer with us by supporting a cause that involves simply giving back. We show our appreciation through our volunteer benefits. As a member and officer of the Restoring.Our.youth.Organization, you:
- Can work on organization work at any time that is convenient to you and your daily work/ life balance; (Please ensure that you have a line of communication between you and your supervisor on expectations)
- Will be a part of a true change for youth, teens, young adults, and communities that we serve;
- Can work from home upon request and approval from your supervisor;
- Will receive additional training by certified leaders to effectively do your job;
- Can apply the skills that you will learn to your resume;
- Can receive volunteer work hours to show your dedication in supporting a cause;
- Can get reimbursed for business travel and food. (Upon Executive Leadership approval)
- Will have the option to attend organization paid workshops and trainings that benefit your outside life, duties, and responsibilities;
- Will have available to you additional resources for parents and children.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends when required
- A criminal background check is required
- Enthusiastic interest in supporting the mission of Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc.
Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Orland Park, IL 60473
August 3, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK