Omi Senior Center Activities Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charitites of San Francisco
Please visit the new page to apply.
Catholic Charities’ OMI Senior Center, assist seniors and disabled adults to maintain their independence by providing a program of activities, socialization, a hot meal, assistance and support in a safe and engaging environment to prevent isolation and institutionalization.
The OMI Senior Center help the consumer at every point in the spectrum of care, whether it is for outreach or resource information, they receive guidance and support.
Program/Activity Assistants lead a variety of activities and provide assistance with activities of daily living for the physically/cognitively impaired older adults we serve. They work as a team, promoting independence and enhancing the participant’s experience in the program.
In conjunction with the OMI Staff, oversees the operation and implementation of the OMI Senior center registration process, welcoming all visitors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Help set-up tables and serve snacks and/or lunch as applicable.
- Under the supervision of the Program Director, ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies, i.e. OOA, On-Lok 30th Street Senior Services, Nutrition Program, Health Department, Fire Department, etc.
- Duties will include: greet and welcome clients in reception area.
- Assist in the oversight of the facility; upkeep and supplies.
- Assist with our weekly food pantry distribution.
- Assist with daily lunch sign-in sheet, activity sign-sheet, and electronically scanning senior gold cards.
- Attend meetings and training programs, as requested.
- Perform general clean-up of reception area.
About Catholic Charitites of San Francisco
1555 39th Ave., San Francisco, CA 94122, US
Founded in 1853 and rooted in our faith traditions of charity and justice, Catholic Charities supports families, aging adults and adults with disabilities, and youth through social services and opportunities for healthy growth and development.
OUR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM VISION
At Catholic Charities we are dedicated to providing our volunteers a remarkable volunteer experience. Giving them meaningful opportunities to make a real difference, as part of our commitment to help our most vulnerable neighbors. Catholic Charities is an organization where volunteer work is valued and where their contributions are embraced and recognized. Our volunteer partners are essential in working with staff in delivering Catholic Charities' mission of strengthening families and reducing poverty.
Through the use of technology, we strive to provide a more innovative approach to volunteer management in which we will provide greater ease and accessibility in your volunteer experience with us.
With volunteers like you, we have a chance to make this world a better place. THANK YOU for all your hard work. It makes a difference!
65 Beverly StreetSan Francisco, CA 94132
August 2, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 days per week for 2-4 hours and minimum 3 month commitment.
- Proof of Covid Vaccine