Coach a Community College Student at Wilbur Wright College!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: One Million Degrees
One Million Degrees Scholars are individuals pursuing their associate degrees. They have persisted through challenging situations and are striving to reach their full potential and become positive forces in their families and communities. As an OMD Coach at Wilbur Wright College, you will bring a wealth of knowledge, experience, and support to an OMD Scholar.
OMD Coaches broaden horizons of career aspirations and possibilities, provide professional insights, model professional norms and behaviors, and encourage scholars through challenges and setbacks. They assist scholars in thoughtful goal-setting, celebrate successes with their scholar and ensure they do not fall short of their potential.
OMD Coach Qualifications:
- Have at least an associate degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Have a passion for supporting community college students with diverse backgrounds, coaching them through challenges, and celebrating their successes.
Once you submit an application, OMD staff will reach out to help you complete the following requirements to become an OMD Coach:
- Attend a coach info session (30-minute online session). Multiple info sessions are held throughout the application period, in the spring and summer.
- Attend coach training (two-hour session, virtual for summer 2022). Multiple coach trainings are held throughout August and September.
- Agree to a criminal background check and to abide by One Million Degrees’ Coach Code of Conduct.
Once you become an OMD Coach, you will be expected to:
- Participate in one 60-minute in-person Coaching Session per month with your scholar (October-May).
- Be available outside of monthly coaching sessions and commit to at least one phone or email exchange with your scholar per month.
- Submit a brief monthly activity report to One Million Degrees staff.
- Input scholar goals and deliverables using the OMD Coach Portal.
- Attend one 90-minute Diversity and Inclusion workshop.
- Notify your scholar and an OMD staff member if you are unable to attend a coach meeting or coaching session. Please note, OMD asks that coaches do not miss more than two coach meetings in an academic year.
OMD Coach benefits:
- Build valuable relationships with scholars.
- Grow professionally and personally as you mentor diverse and talented scholars.
- Be inspired by scholars' stories and perseverance.
- Expand your own professional network through connections with fellow coaches.
- Take advantage of regularly scheduled coach breakfasts featuring continued training, networking, and sharing of best practices.
- Gain understanding of and insight into diverse communities across Chicago and its suburbs.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
4300 North Narragansett AvenueChicago, IL 60634
August 2, 2022