BOARD OF DIRECTOR TREASURER and/or CPA
ORGANIZATION: SMALL BUT MIGHTY HEROES INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
The role of Treasurer of the board focuses on finances. This role is responsible for coordinating and ensuring the financial oversight and financial health of the organization for the board, attends all board meetings, understands accounting for nonprofits, chairs the finance committee, and manages, with the finance committee, the nonprofit's finances. The treasurer also works to ensure that appropriate financial reports are given to the board on a timely basis, presents the nonprofit's annual budget for board approval, reviews annual audits and answers board members' questions.
This opportunity follows social distancing guidelines and also offers zoom calls for most meetings/tasks for this role.
Board Member Job Description
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
About SMALL BUT MIGHTY HEROES INC
PO BOX 263122, TAMPA, FL 33685, US
We wear gold for the bravest of superheroes. Being a voice and spreading awareness of pediatric cancer.
We are a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization who is immensely passionate about helping children as they battle their way through childhood cancer.
Our Mission is to help spread awareness of pediatric cancer; to be the voice for these amazing little heroes. We aim to help fund the treatments and needs of the children and families who don't get to see past the four walls of their hospital room and for those who are battling through the journey of childhood cancer. We aim to remain constant and supportive for the survivors and help keep the legacies alive of the fallen. Most importantly, to help fund research that aims to find less toxic treatments and a cure for pediatric cancer.
3240 Lithia Pinecrest Road103Valrico, FL 33596
August 1, 2022
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 4-12 hours a month
- experience with book keeping and data entry.