4 people are interested
Your Friendly Demeanor Will Make You a Wonderful Donor Greeter!
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
You can help make it possible for WayFoward Resources to have an incoming supply of food and clothing for guests. As a Donor Greeter you will:
- Warmly greet food or clothing donors at the Distribution Center and follow established messaging and procedures
- Help donors fill out a donation slip and make sure the information is complete
- Sort food donations, as time permits
- Clean and tidy volunteer area at end of shift
The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one regular shift on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for at least 6 months. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer will likely need flexibility for vacations, sickness, appointments, etc.
Two or three hour volunteer shifts are available Monday through Friday between 9am and 4pm.
For more information, check out the WayForward website at wayforwardresources.org and fill out a volunteer inquiry form or contact Pam Higham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.826.3409.
About WayForward Resources (formerly Middleton Outreach Ministry - MOM)
3502 Parmenter St, Middleton, WI 53562, US
WayForward Resources brings our community together to create food and housing security through action and advocacy. Our vision is a community where everyone has the stability to thrive. Thanks to generous community support and partnership, we serve more than 5,000 people in our community each year. We provide access to nutritious food and support that allows people to stay in their homes. Our case managers partner with clients to solve immediate needs and work toward their long-term goals.
- Our food pantry is open to all Dane County residents.
- People can access the pantry as often as they need, five days a week.
- We also provide food to families and individuals through deliveries, mobile food pantries and partnerships with the Middleton-Cross Plains School District.
- Our service area for housing programs includes Middleton, Cross Plains and west Madison.
- We provide case management, referrals, and housing stability assistance.
- Our housing stability programs focus on providing critical support to keep families in their homes so they avoid the trauma of homelessness.
- Our Connections program works with families in doubled-up living situations to locate and move into their own housing.
- Our seasonal programs - including Back to School and Winter Wishes holiday gift cards - help alleviate financial stress so families can focus on paying rent.
- Our Seniors Program provides ride and chore assistance.
3502 Parmenter StreetMiddleton, WI 53562
August 3, 2023
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one weekly volunteer shift for at least 6 months. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacation, sickness, appointments, etc.
- Can lift 20 lbs. - Dependable with a service-oriented mindset - Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, and lift throughout the shift - Commitment to WayForward values including dignity, racial equity, inclusion - Honor donor confidentiality