ORGANIZATION: EPIC HOMESCHOOL NETWORK
Please visit the new page to apply.
EPIC Homeschool Network is a nonprofit nontraditional educational organization that works to support home education, seeks a Program Assistant.
This is an entry-level position. This position is based in Powder Springs, GA
The Program Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the EPIC Homeschool Network program/executive director. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist executive director with general administrative duties.
- Send out weekly emails to parents and/or staff.
- Send out weekly reminder text messages using a messenger app.
- Monitor the bell schedule of the academy program.
- Attending staff meetings and meetings with constituents and taking minutes
- Responding to emails and answering calls
- Maintaining and organizing the main email box.
- Maintaining office calendars and sending out reminders of impending appointments
- Publicize the activities of the organization and its program and goals via social media and email
- Managing online resources/sponsors on main website
- Managing the Program Manager’s calendar
- Typing letters and reports as may be required from time to time
- Compiling and sending bulk mailings
- Proofreading and making copies of documents
- Assisting in the planning and overseeing significant events such as monthly field trips for families and fundraising events.
- Assisting in managing the budget for special and routine events
- Attend and report on relevant conferences, meetings, and other events
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong inclination for customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative thinking
- Proper compositional practices
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Familiarity with office equipment, intercom systems and fax machines
- Strong organizational skills
- Polite, clear and compelling communication skills
- Ability to use Google Calendar, Google Drive, Teams and One Drive
Part-Time: 15 hours/week
- $15-18 per hour
About EPIC HOMESCHOOL NETWORK
MAILING: PO BOX 323, Austell, GA 30168, PHYSICAL: 4001 Macedonia Road, Powder Springs, GA, AUSTELL, GA 30168, US
To enrich, enhance, and empower home education in the community.
We are a multicultural homeschool community. To date, we have served over 400 families with our programs and events.
Here are some of our program initiatives:
- Academic Studies Program- This program provides classes and clubs for homeschoolers.
- STEM Program - This program provides hands-on STEM Learning through robotics and Legos. Currently, we operate a First Lego League Robotics team and a Lego Club.
- Homeschool Hangout Program - This is a joint program with the South Cobb Regional Library. It is a place for stories, crafts, learning games & STEM programming. We also learn about a myriad of valuable library databases & resources.
- Field Trip Program - This program provides monthly field trip activities that center around enriching the homeschool program of families.
- Homeschool Masterclass Program - This is a joint program with No Mommy Left Behind to create webinars to support homeschooling families.
- Scholarships Progam - This program provides financial support for families to purchase materials & encourage academic performance & entrepreneurship.
- Homeschool Resource Program - This program provides home educators with textbooks, workbooks, fiction & nonfiction reading books, as well as educational posters & charts to support their home school at our center. We also conduct resource fairs for the community.
4001 Macedonia RoadPowder Springs, GA 30127
August 1, 2022
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training