10 people are interested
Uplift and empower people living with Alzheimer's disease and their care partners!
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Looking for ways to support those with early stage Alzheimer's or Mild Cognitive Impairment. as well as their caregivers? We invite you to train as a volunteer to lead a social engagement event at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston or the Houston Zoo, providing hospitality, support and volunteer oversight. Learn more here:
Interested? Complete the Alzheimer's Association Volunteer Interest Survey at bit.ly/alz-vol-interest today!
- Strong listening and effective communication skills with demonstrated success in working with a team.
- Successfully engages people living with dementia and has strong attention to detail.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Reliable transportation to and from Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, or the Houston Zoo
- Must be age 21 to apply.
- Early Stage Social Engagement leaders commit to a 1-year term, meeting monthly.
- Orientation includes: online general volunteer orientation (1 hour) + program volunteer orientation (1 hour) + self-study or in-person role training with a staff partner (~4 hours). Background checks are required as part of the volunteer selection process. Please allow a minimum of 1 month to complete online training requirements and a background check.
- Attending virtual weekly early-stage meeting to discuss early-stage programs and implementation
About Alzheimer's Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter
6055 S Loop E at Long Dr, Houston, TX 77087, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Alzheimer's Association(r) is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Learn more here: https://youtu.be/N2fprkWLTHI
Multiple locations Houston, TX 77030
December 6, 2023
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Training provided