3 people are interested
Your Warmth & Kindness Will Help Pantry Shoppers Feel Welcome!
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
More and more members of our community need help keeping food on the table for their families. Be part of a team that provides a dignified and respectful shopping experience for guests accessing the WayForward Resources food pantry by:
- Warmly welcoming food pantry guests, explaining the pantry flow, and offering assistance, as needed
- Assist with other Food Pantry tasks, as needed and as time allows
The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one weekly volunteer shift for at least 6 months or as a substitute for regularly scheduled volunteers. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacation, sickness, appointments, etc.
Volunteers shifts are available Tuesday through Saturday for volunteers aged 18 and above.
For more information, check out the WayForward website at wayforwardresources.org and fill out a volunteer inquiry form or contact Pam Higham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.826.3409.
About WayForward Resources (formerly Middleton Outreach Ministry - MOM)
3502 Parmenter St, Middleton, WI 53562, US
WayForward Resources brings our community together to create food and housing security through action and advocacy. Our vision is a community where everyone has the stability to thrive. Thanks to generous community support and partnership, we serve more than 5,000 people in our community each year. We provide access to nutritious food and support that allows people to stay in their homes. Our case managers partner with clients to solve immediate needs and work toward their long-term goals.
- Our food pantry is open to all Dane County residents.
- People can access the pantry as often as they need, five days a week.
- We also provide food to families and individuals through deliveries, mobile food pantries and partnerships with the Middleton-Cross Plains School District.
- Our service area for housing programs includes Middleton, Cross Plains and west Madison.
- We provide case management, referrals, and housing stability assistance.
- Our housing stability programs focus on providing critical support to keep families in their homes so they avoid the trauma of homelessness.
- Our Connections program works with families in doubled-up living situations to locate and move into their own housing.
- Our seasonal programs - including Back to School and Winter Wishes holiday gift cards - help alleviate financial stress so families can focus on paying rent.
- Our Seniors Program provides ride and chore assistance.
3502 Parmenter StreetMiddleton, WI 53562
January 25, 2024
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The ideal volunteer will be available for a minimum of one weekly volunteer shift for at least 6 months. Of course, this is with the understanding that a volunteer may need flexibility for vacation, sickness, appointments, etc.
- Comfortable standing/walking for 2 hours - Commitment to WayForward values including dignity, racial equity, inclusion - Strict adherence to WayForward guest confidentiality policy