Engagement Survey Volunteer - Statewide
ORGANIZATION: The Trustees of Reservations
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Trustees are looking for enthusiastic individuals to help gather survey information from our visitors using a tablet. As a public facing agent of the organization, volunteers will also be expected to engage with visitors and answer questions about the Trustees, its policies, and properties. Survey locations will be scheduled for various properties throughout the summer.
This position involves direct engagement with the public in an outdoor setting. Some standing, and much smiling, is expected for this role. The ability to independently travel to properties is required. Shifts will be 4 hours in length, with the opportunity to travel to various locations throughout the state.
Learn more and sign up online here: https://volunteer.thetrustees.org/opportunity/a0C3b00000fksFHEAY/engagement-survey-volunteer-statewide
- Helping to create a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive community
- Connecting and networking with like-minded staff, visitors, and volunteers
- Volunteers will be deployed as a small group depending on their location. Volunteers are more than welcome to serve at properties outside of their home range. We are recruiting teams for the following areas:
- North Shore (north of Boston, as far west as Andover)
- South Shore (south of Boston, as far south as Fall River/New Bedford, as far west as Dover)
- Central (Southborough west to I-90)
- West (I-90 west to Massachusetts/New York border)
- *The Trustees is unable to reimburse mileage however mileage is deductible on your personal taxes.
- Interact and engage with Trustees visitor
- Distribute and collect survey data using a handheld tablet
- Answer questions about the Trustees, its policies, and its properties
- Tally and log a count of visitors during shift
- Adhere to The Trustees safety and COVID-19 protocols
- Log volunteer hours
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to various locations throughout the state
- Comfortable engaging with public
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Please note: A background check may be required for this role
- Complete at least one 4-hour shift per month
About The Trustees of Reservations
200 High Street, Boston, MA 02110, US
The Trustees of Reservations preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts.
Who We Are
We are more than 100,000 people like you who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting them, for everyone, forever.
Together with our neighbors, we protect the distinct character of our communities and inspire a commitment to our special places. Our passion is to share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures we care for.
What We Do
We enjoy and care for more than 100 special places - nearly 25,000 acres - all around Massachusetts. And we are actively building an extended family of friends and neighbors across the state that can help in their different ways.
What We Are Up Against
Through more than 100 years of hard work and high standards, The Trustees have built a sterling reputation and a stunning physical legacy.
Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. We need to tap the wellspring of people’s joy - in their communities, their heritage, and the natural world - and mobilize a whole new generation to care.
Multiple locations Cambridge, MA 02138
August 1, 2022
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- The ability to independently travel to properties is required. Shifts will be 4 hours in length, with the opportunity to travel to various locations throughout the state.