DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Corporate Board - Director of Marketing
ORGANIZATION: ILLINOIS LEADERSHIP SEMINARS
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for all aspects of communications, marketing to the ILS community of alumni, donors and supporters. Our goal is to raise the visibility of Illinois Leadership Seminars among key audiences to help us become the charity of choice for those wanting to support, volunteer or donate to our cause.
This position will be an active member on the Illinois Leadership Seminar Board. Being an active member of our board will include attending monthly meetings and ensuring support and engagement throughout the calendar year. This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
ILS is a small, working board of leaders passionate about youth leadership supported by a large and mighty alumni network. This is a newly created board position. In time, we feel this position would grow to have additional support through a committee including members with expertise and/or interest in communications, social media, website management and email marketing.
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Management
- Partnership with Director of Fundraising for outreach initiatives
- Manage third-party relationships and access for website development and maintenance, email newsletter program, social media accounts, etc.
- Create and maintain any print collaterals such as flyers and brochures to be distributed during fundraising and seminar events.
- Managing the ILS Website at illinoisleadershipseminars.org. Ensure website is up to date, accurate and clear.
- Overseeing social media marketing tools and execution
- Managing an ongoing ILS Email program (Newsletter, Thank You Emails, Updates, etc)
- Provide communications to key audiences (corporate donors, individual donors, potential leaders, leader alumni, schools and other non-profit partners)
- Marketing or Communications experience(2+years)
- Non-Profit experience
- Event Management experience a plus
- Working knowledge of digital marketing, social media, graphic design, web development a plus
- Project management and organizational skills with the ability to create systems for tracking marketing calendar, timelines, budgets and progress to goals, while measuring outcomes and results
- Strong writing skills, clear and effective communicator, professional, detail-oriented
About ILLINOIS LEADERSHIP SEMINARS
805 LAKE ST 184, OAK PARK, IL 60301, US
We unleash the leadership potential of Illinois' youth.
ILS has been providing quality, free leadership seminars in Illinois since 1977. We are a 100% volunteer organization with 501(c)3 nonprofit status. Through our programs, students interact with leaders in industry, government, the arts, education, and the media, coming in contact with a diverse world of leaders and leadership styles. Students are then challenged to discover and unleash their own leadership potential in their schools and communities, using the tools and resources made available to them at ILS. We at Illinois Leadership Seminars don't tell our participants what to think, or even how to think, but stress the importance of careful thought for our world's future leaders.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 31, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 21
- The Board meets monthly for about 2 hours, and there will be some work outside the meetings. Estimate: 10 hours a month
- This is for the FY2023 Board. Elections are each August and the position is up for election each year.