National Public Lands Day
ORGANIZATION: National Park Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Celebrate National Public Lands Day while partaking in events at Cabrillo National Monument. Here, you can overlook San Diego’s bay and watch Naval ships pass by, all while learning, exploring, and volunteering at Cabrillo National Monument. You can donate your time by participating in an invasive plant removal volunteer event called Weed Warriors. All while getting a glimpse over the entire Pacific Ocean while being at our Whale Watch Overlook! We are located at 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive, San Diego, CA 92106. Please come check out our park! In celebration of National Public Lands Day, entry to the entire park is FREE for the day.
Please note: Subject to change, but masks are currently required inside all federal buildings, including the Old Point Loma Lighthouse, auditorium, and all exhibits. Masks are available in front of the Visitor Center in the event you may need one. It is recommended you bring a bottle of water and access the refilling station near the Visitors Center, especially if you are interested in partaking in the Weed Warriors volunteer activity. Thank you for coming out and celebrating with us! You can learn more about Cabrillo National Monument here: https://www.nps.gov/cabr/index.htm
- Guided walks throughout the day. We are open from 9am until 5pm. Come join in on the fun!
- Weed Warriors volunteer service project at the Whale Watch location near the lighthouse from 9am-12pm. This is an accessible volunteer option! To learn more about Weed Warriors, please visit: https://www.nps.gov/cabr/getinvolved/weed-warrior-volunteers.htm
- Become a Junior Ranger! Take part in our special Junior Ranger pledge for the day and earn your badge.
- Open Bunker Day: These are your only chances to tour the bunkers on Point Loma. Go take a look inside and explore a former WW2 Bunker from 9am to 2:30pm
- Check out the National Public Lands Day information and activity table by the Visitor Center! Information and activity table open from 10am to 4pm. Help us decorate a giant paper tree trunk and learn more about National Public Lands Day!
Start Date - 2022-09-24
End Date - 2022-09-24
Difficulty_Level: Not Difficult
About National Park Service
1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240, US
The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Park Service cooperates with partners to extend the benefits of natural and cultural resource conservation and outdoor recreation throughout this country and the world.
The U.S. National Park Service, www.nps.gov, cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage. We care for more than 400 national parks and help communities preserve their historic places and open spaces.
1800 Cabrillo Memorial DriveSan Diego, CA 92106
July 31, 2022
- People 55+