1 person is interested
Marketing and Communication Intern-Virtual (US Based)
ORGANIZATION: Asante Africa Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational, age-appropriate life skills, and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda). We partner with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org
Position overview:Asante Africa Foundation is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing and Communication Intern to work with our Marketing and Communications team. This is a great opportunity to enhance your communications/marketing skills in relation to the nonprofit sector. This internship will consist of social media management, writing blogs, graphic design, email marketing, lead generation campaigns, fundraising campaigns, and video production. If you have a desire to learn or refine your marketing and communications skills with the goal of changing lives, this is a great internship for you. The hours are flexible and the position is remote. Time commitment is approximately 10-20 hours per week (flexible based on your schedule) and the internship will be for six months. This position is for college students or recent graduates. If you have no college experience, then we require 1-2 years of marketing or communications experience.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening and writing)
● Experience in content creation (social media posts)
● Creativity, willing to try new things, and a teachable spirit
● An outstanding attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
● Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and
● Ability to work rapidly and meet deadlines under pressure
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, Social Media (LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter,
Facebook),Communication tools (MailChimp is a plus)
● Publication/graphic design and layout skills are a plus but not required (InDesign,
Photoshop, Publisher, etc.)
● Video editing skills and photo editing a plus but not required
● College student or recent graduate (1-2 years of marketing experience if you have not
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
● Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming nonprofit
● Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and
inspire others to do so
● Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
● Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
● Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
● Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related
projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of
children in East Africa and learn about successful international development
● Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers
● Gain insight into the day to day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high growth nonprofit
organization and receive professional training
● Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
● Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for Asante Africa Foundation, how
many hours a week you can volunteer, your resume, and one writing sample or social media post
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Marketing and Communication Intern" in the subject
line. All applications must be submitted by August 22 for consideration.
This is un-paid part-time volunteer position with an expectation of 10-20 hours per week, for six
to nine months. This internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Asante
Africa Foundation Internship Agreement. Interns are not financially compensated but you will
receive the benefits of a staff member having deliverables, performance reviews and training that
will strengthen your resume significantly
About Asante Africa Foundation
1141 Catalina Dr, Livermore, CA 94550, US
Asante Africa Foundation, Inc. is an East African Children's Education Fund. We are a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to providing quality education to children in East Africa. Every child deserves an education and the opportunity to choose their future, regardless of the latitude or longitude in which they are born. Through education, every child can make their dreams a reality, help their families struggle less, and help their communities become self sustaining. Our Vision We envision African communities and families in which the children have the opportunity to received QUALITY education to define their futures. Our Mission Quality Education will be made available by providing physical infrastructures for all children attending school, providing teaching resources and educational materials and scholarships/sponsorships for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
We form partnerships with African communities and work with passionate local program managers who are deeply committed to creating change in their African villages. We envision African communities and families in which children have the opportunity to receive QUALITY education to define their futures. Generous contributions from Asante Africa Foundation donors bring these dreams to life.
Local villagers define their needs for achieving quality education, through infrastructures for all children attending school (such as construction of schools and sanitation facilities, serving a daily meal), providing teaching resources and educational materials, and funding scholarships / sponsorship for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
Asante is the Swahili word for thank you. We are thankful to be active members of the communities we serve and we are grateful to our donors who fund projects that bring opportunity, choice and possibility to African villages.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 30, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours a week for 6 months