Dog Walking Volunteers Needed
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Shanti Project of San Francisco
ABOUT PETS ARE WONDERFUL SUPPORT (PAWS) & BECOMING A DOG WALK VOLUNTEER:
Since 1987, PAWS has been helping to keep people and their companion animals together. PAWS believes that no one should have to make the difficult choice of caring for themselves or caring for their beloved pets. We provide an array of free comprehensive support services for pets of seniors and individuals living with disability or illness to help alleviate the burden and fear of not being able to keep or care for their pet.
We rely on the generosity and dedication of volunteers to provide many of the support services offered in the PAWS program. We are in need of more dog walking volunteers! If you are an animal lover and want to help our community care for and stay together with their beloved pets, come join our team of amazing dog walk volunteers!
- Minimum age of 16 (or accompanied by parent who is trained PAWS volunteer)
- Physically able to walk assigned dog
- Relevant experience with dogs
- Must attend mandatory PAWS training before starting
- Minimum of 3 to 6 month commitment
- Available for regular, weekly dog walk visits to same client, rain or shine
- Go to clients home and walk their dog for about 45 minutes to and hour each week
- Communicate directly with client to plan visits
- Communicate with staff regarding client and/or pets
- Volunteers do not enter client’s home
- Volunteers will social distance - 6 feet apart
- Volunteers will wear a mask, gloves, and sanitize frequently
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit an application here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4755427
If you have any questions, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
San Francisco, CA 94109
July 30, 2022