1 person is interested
Volunteer Youth Engagement Leader, Lincoln NE
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Title: Youth Engagement Lead
The Youth Engagement Lead serves as a peer and confidante working collaboratively with the regional Volunteer
Services team, specifically the Engagement Specialist, to support National Youth Strategy goals and objectives to
educate and engage youth in all aspects of the Red Cross mission.
- Develop and execute an implementation work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the 5 pillars of the National Youth Strategy (Learning, Blood Donors, Fundraising, International Humanitarian Law and Social Engagement) and regional youth engagement priorities.
- Identify and assess opportunities for youth engagement in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Collaborate with Engagement Specialist to create realistic targets, focused on delivering results in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Empower youth volunteerism and leadership by building connections between youth and the Red Cross mission
- Work closely with Engagement Specialist to integrate youth into Red Cross programs and activities
- Develop/build a team of skilled volunteers, including Red Cross Club Coordinators; build rapport with youth engagement team and youth volunteers to better support their growth and development Key Involvement in Ad Hoc projects (both tactical and strategic) when required.
- Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
- Leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, specifically youth and young adult volunteer opportunities
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Works well individually and with others
- Ability to work with and utilize Volunteer Connection database
- Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Team building, and succession planning skills to build youth program continuity
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partner as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteers as needed
- Understanding the value of youth and young adult volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure youth and young adult volunteers are productive among program management skills
- For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
4600 Valley RoadLincoln, NE 68510
August 16, 2023
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training