Blood Services Transportation Specialist CPMS - Omaha, NE
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries.
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary.
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues.
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross.
Preferred commitment: 2-4 shifts/month for a minimum of 6 months. Shifts are generally 4 hours each and are variable per site in the daytime, evening and weekends. Minimum Commitment of 6 months with opportunity to renew.
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
- Able to verify safe driving record (MVR)
- Current insurance and state registration required if using own vehicle
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position, required
- Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
- For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
Multiple locations Omaha, NE 68124
July 29, 2022
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18