NHQ:CFO Units RES/FIN/IT - Supplier Diversity Stakeholder Engagement
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) CFO Workforce Planning department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides comfort to victims of disasters; supplies about 40% of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; distributes international humanitarian aid; and supports veterans, military members, and their families. The Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to deliver its mission. Seeking volunteers with supply management and supplier diversity expertise to support the American Red Cross with the Supplier Diversity Initiative. Volunteers will work with internal stakeholders to highlight the importance of increasing organizational use of diverse suppliers.
- Be the voice with internal stakeholders to inform, educate and inspire on the Supplier Diversity Program
- Communicate an expansion of program to leaders, employees and volunteers at many levels of the Red Cross
- Facilitate meetings and conversations remotely using Microsoft Teams and other meeting platforms
- Complete the necessary training and continuously follow program guidelines to ensure individual performance aligns with team expectations
- Maintain awareness on organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives as well as guidance, tools and educational efforts led by Supply Managemen
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
Minimum of five (5) years experience with or near supply management
- Demonstrable experience as agent of change (in or out of supply management)
- Proficient at making complex things easy to understand in a virtual environment using different platforms for communication and stakeholder management
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools: MS Teams, SharePoint, WebEx, Zoom, etc.
- Resume Required
- Experience as an ally or advocate for an underrepresented group of individuals This position is virtual and can be performed from any location with phone, computer and internet access.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2022
- Public Relations
- Human Resources Diversity
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- 4-6 hours per month. Flexible scheduling 9-5 M-F but could include evenings depending on your time zone. Meetings occur in all U.S. time zones including Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories.