We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
American Red Cross - National Headquarters has 52 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
NHQ:ISD - QDL-DMERL: International Services Evaluation and Learning Support
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The Response and Recovery team of the International Services unit seeks an Evaluation and Learning Specialist with qualitative research experience to support an Action After Review of the Ukraine and Impacted Countries Crisis operation. The internal review will capture operational learnings to improve future response operations and will primarily involve gathering feedback from response team members. The volunteers primary role will be to organize and facilitate a series of focus group discussions (FGDs) with members of the response team and/or international response personnel and synthesize key themes/findings of the FGDs in a short report. The volunteer may also be asked to conduct key informant interviews, code additional qualitative information, report writing/developing final learning products, and/or assist in facilitating an end-of-review workshop to discuss findings & recommendations with participants.
- Review existing material to identify key areas of learning/trends to feed into interviews, FGDs and final report (personnel debrief recordings/transcripts, end of mission reports, operational reports)
- Design, organize and facilitate a series of focus group discussions (3 - 4 sessions, likely to be virtual) and produce a synthesis of findings in a short report
- Conduct key informant interviews if needed, and code interviews using ATLAS Ti software (or similar software)
- Support logistics for/help facilitate an end-of-review in-person workshop with participants to review findings and develop recommendations, if needed
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually.
- Qualitative research skills
- Experience designing and facilitating focus group discussions (online and in-person)
- Strong ability to analyze qualitative information and identify/synthesize key themes/trends for actionable learning
- Experience using ATLAS Ti or other qualitative research analysis software
- Experience developing concise and easy to digest reports and presentation materials
- Experience in evaluation and learning methods and best practices in qualitative data collection
- Competency in Microsoft applications include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Outlook
- Comfortable using virtual meeting applications such as Zoom, Teams
- Availability during business hours
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 29, 2022
- Market Research
- Market Research / Analysis
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Background Check
- It is expected this role will require 4-8 hours per week for 4 - 5 weeks (the review to be conducted and completed by end of September 2022), with potentially increased time commitments towards finalization of the report/development of learning produ