National Volunteering Program Management Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cuso International
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Start Date: September 2022
Placement Length: 8 Months
Language Requirements: English Level 5-Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only
The Volunteer’s Role
If you are passionate about helping organizations to increase their capacity in project management, strategic planning and developing policies and programs, this is the role for you.
As a National Volunteering Program Management Specialist, you'll be working with Authority for Civil Society Organization (ACSO) along with their team in Addis Ababa Ethiopia. In this role, you will support the efforts to enhance the organization's capacity to promote its work and raise resources for sustaining its mission.
Apply today and help us to make a difference!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop policies and guidelines for national volunteerism programs implementation
- Assess M & E system in place for the programs
- Conduct inventory and needs assessment on designed training packs on promoting and managing of youth volunteering programs
- Design and deliver trainings with volunteer directorate
- Work with local team to build capacity on documentation of results of national volunteer program
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or Project Management, Sociology or social science, community development
- 3-5 years of experience working in leadership roles with a focus program design and implementation
What’s in it for YOU? A life-changing experience!
About Us, the Project and the Partner
Cuso International is a not-for-profit development organization that works to eradicate poverty and inequality. Each year, we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals to work alongside local partners to maximize their impact through capacity building. We work in partnership with governments, civil society organizations, multilateral agencies and the private sector to develop and deliver programs aimed at advancing gender equality, promoting the empowerment of women and girls, and improving access to and quality of economic opportunities for young people.
Project - Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
Cuso International will deliver the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) project, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE aims to improve the economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in developing countries, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. In addition to increasing engagement of Canadians in international development and key global issues, this project will aim to increase the performance of country partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance gender equality, in support of the action areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Partner - Agency for Civil Society Organization
ACSO is a governmental office that particularly established for a purpose of registering, supporting and following up every activities of civil society organizations that are working in Ethiopia.Requirements
Benefits Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending on country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication, and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
- Please note that if you are shortlisted for the placement, you will be required to:
- Provide two Professional References and one Personal Reference
- Complete an oral assessment during your preliminary telephone interview in the language required for your placement
- Obtain a Police Check at our request
- Complete a full medical exam and be medically cleared by the Cuso International Medical Advisor prior to your departure
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, be double vaccinated in accordance with the World Health Organization-approved vaccines.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa K1R 6S4Ethiopia
July 29, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME