AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Ritter Center (formerly Ritter House)
**This posting is for an AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Coordinator. Applications can only be made by AmeriCorps VISTA Members and made through the AmeriCorps VISTA website**
Apply to be an AmeriCorps VISTA member: https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista#apply
Are you already an AmeriCorps VISTA member and would like to apply for this role? Apply online at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=113281
ABOUT RITTER CENTER:
For over 40 years, Ritter Center has been dedicated to preventing and resolving homelessness and improving the health, dignity, and well-being of people living in poverty in Marin.
When you join Ritter Center, you become part of a highly trained staff that combines national clinical best practices with a whole-person care approach to solve each person’s medical and mental health, housing, and food needs.
We are growing to meet the needs of our community! We are looking for staff who are ready for a career with a mission-driven organization, want to be valued, have diverse experience, compassion, and a patient-centered approach. If this sounds like you, we would love you to join our team!
This is a FULL-TIME position up to 3 years. The AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Program Coordinator will create, test, and implement an effective and efficient volunteer management program for Ritter Center. This will help those experiencing poverty, homelessness, and systemic exclusion in racial and ethnic communities by ensuring that Ritter Center has a skilled volunteer workforce able to assist with activities that support the food pantry, health clinic, supportive housing, client services, administration, and special events.
The ideal candidate will have some experience as a volunteer and a strong interest in organizational efficiency and effectiveness, with regard to its program capacity and structure.
A strong sense of compassion and a willingness to engage community members with varying opinions on homelessness and poverty will be beneficial.
Ritter Center is located in downtown San Rafael, a peri-urban city 19 miles north of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. The area has some of the best weather, food, culture, and activities in Northern California.
The AmeriCorps VISTA member can be office-based or work remotely with Ritter Center-provided resources, including a laptop, phone, video conferencing capabilities, and personal protection equipment, such as masks and hand sanitizer. Some site visits will be required to fulfill this role. In the event of in-person meetings during a social distancing mandate, safety guidance and flexibility would be provided to the AmeriCorps VISTA member.
This is a 1-3 year opportunity. This project is slated to begin in September 2022 and run for at least one year.
- Research, create, test and implement Ritter Center's Volunteer Management Program
- Create a documentation library of various programs throughout the organization
- Identify key areas to develop and strengthen the current Volunteer Program;
- Address the volunteer management needs of the Board of Directors
- Recommend a Volunteer Management Program framework that would be ideal for Ritter Center’s needs and begin partnership outreach
- Conduct research on volunteer management models and management tools, including software
- Conduct outreach to and develop partnerships with volunteer organizations and colleges/universities serving local/regional organizations (e.g., Idealist.org, the Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership in Marin, Dominican University) to develop relationships and a consistent pipeline of dedicated volunteers with diverse backgrounds and skillsets
- Work closely with Human Resources to develop and complete the Volunteer Orientation Manual and Volunteer Program Management Manual
- Present the Volunteer Program and their work at the conclusion of the project
QUALIFICATIONS& REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Associates degree (AA)
- Experience managing volunteers a plus
- Great attention to detail and be very organized
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Comfortable with learning computer software volunteer management programs and understanding of systems integration
- Customer service oriented, friendly, team-player
- Passion for Ritter Center's mission and compassion for working with underserved and diverse community members
PROGRAM BENEFITS (VIA AMERICORPS VISTA PROGRAM):
Training, Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible, Health Coverage* .
PLUS: Ritter Center provides staff lunches every other Friday and a parking pass.
TERMS: Permits attendance at school during off hours; Permits working at another job during off hours; Car recommended.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit: http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
Per our Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) requirements, employment at Ritter Center requires compliance with being able to produce a negative TB test before the start of employment and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless applying for an exemption) per the August 5th State Public Order for Healthcare Facilities, providers, and employees.
**Applications can only be made by AmeriCorps VISTA Members and made through the AmeriCorps VISTA website**
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
16 Ritter StreetSan Rafael, CA 94901
July 28, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME