Volunteers virtually tutor overseas young people speaking English
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: We Speak English Network
We Speak English Network is a not-for-profit organization, founded by a group of caring Canadians to help native English speakers and overseas young people to set up a fabulous connection. All participants may find fun, explore exotic cultures, and make friends through the 1-on-1 video chat. At the same time, the learners will improve their speaking English skills.
We developed an app and website as the platform to connect native English speakers with overseas partners through video chat. Tutors and learners sign up on our website, the tutors set their availability and the learners will make appointments with them. They will video chat one-on-one as scheduled.
- No professional tutoring experience is needed, it is just casual conversation.
- You should look to correct pronunciation, grammar, and coherence errors.
- You set your availability and the learner will book any chat based on your schedule.
- You install the En Chat app on your smartphone.
- Each chat is 30 mins, one-on-one video chat. Partners may vary.
No professional tutoring experience is needed, it is just casual conversation.
You should look to correct pronunciation, grammar, and coherence errors.
You set your availability and the learner will book any chat based on your schedule.
You install the En Chat app on your smartphone.
Each chat is 30 mins, one-on-one video chat. Partners may vary.
- English is your first language or equivalent.
- You must have a clear voice.
- You must have access to a smartphone and the internet.
- You must have access to your email at least daily, so you don’t miss an appointment.
- Currently accept tutors from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand only. Open to all countries soon.
Who will be your partner?
- Overseas college students or adults who are prospective international students or immigrants, are interested in western culture and hope to improve their English skills.
- They select partners based on the tutor’s availability and review rating.
- All your partners have been learning English for several years and so have a degree of fluency. They are looking to hear about your experiences and to share some of their own.
Measures to protect your privacy:
- No personal information is needed.
- Only an email is required to receive all notifications.
- The app has passed the APP store and Google’s strict safety scrutiny. Any access to your smartphone needs your permission.
- It is easy to quit.
- Everything is under your control.
You can print the tutoring report as volunteering proof by yourself. Become a volunteer tutor today: https://wespeakenglish.chat/tutor.html
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Ottawa, ON K2S 1Z1Canada
July 28, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK