Disaster Caseworker Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross of Nebraska and Iowa
The Client Care Program Service Associate supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and
communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care. This position is needed in the western states that was impacted by wildfires.
The Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources.
The Client Care Program Service Associate supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care (case management system).
Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care
Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients.
Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
Provide Internal Referrals
Provide Community Referrals
Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Ability to stand and/or sit for two-hour periods
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person
- Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing
- Valid Driver’s License (required for Divisional and National Deployments)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 9 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Grand Island, NE 68124
July 28, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH