Disaster Action Team Service Associate Volunteers needed
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross of Nebraska and Iowa
Serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Time Commitment
· Minimum Commitment of 1 year with opportunity to renew. Training involves about 8.25 hours of coursework.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
· For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Norfolk, NE 68124
July 28, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH