Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
POSITION TITLE: SEO Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
REPORTS TO: Director of Content, Digital and PR
OBJECTIVE: In this role, you will plan, execute, manage and improve SEO strategies (on-site, off-site [including social media], technical, keyword research) to grow organic search traffic for our website, making strategic recommendations for content planning based on research and analytics, then analyzing and reporting search performance results.
- Develop SEO strategies and oversee the day-to-day management of SEO initiatives.
- Conduct ongoing site content and technical audits, proactively offering page optimization recommendations and linking strategies as well as longer-term project priorities to drive overall SEO quality and traffic goals.
- Develop and manage content creation, link-building and blogger out-reach strategies.
- Track, analyze and report organic search performance -- from internal and external link audits to SERPs to organic site traffic and conversions.
- Collaborate with writers to leverage content SEO.
- Measure and report out the effectiveness of various SEO tactics and KPIs - including keyword rankings, traffic, revenue and ROI.
- Stay abreast of the latest SEO developments and search engine trends.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of leading SEO initiatives and strategies.
- A detailed understanding of SEO principles, guidelines and best practices.
- Direct experience with link-building initiatives, including blogger-outreach
- Knowledge of basic web design and technology principles and their SEO implications
- Proficiency with web analytics tools (Google Analytics) and SEO tools (SEMrush).
- Bachelor’s Degree, professional training or certifications in a technical field.
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
July 27, 2022