Volunteer Music Instructor (Linc Housing)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: LINC HousingPOSITION SUMMARY
As a volunteer with LINC you will support our commitment to building and preserving housing that is affordable, environmentally sustainable, and a catalyst for community improvement. Youth Empowerment Volunteers at LINC provides supportive programs that improve individuals and families quality of life and promote their ability to thrive.
Youth Empowerment Volunteers are trained according to Linc Housing program models to coordinate their own assigned activities. Responsibilities include: outreach, preparation, setting up and cleaning program space, facilitating activities, ensuring the safety of participants, and communicating with property management and resident service staff.
This volunteer can bring their specialized skills to coordinate the following activities:
- Music Instructor- Facilitating introductory group or individual music lessons (can be either reading music, keyboard, guitar, bucket drums, recorder, etc.) for an established kids music club.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
HOW TO ENROLL
To become a volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is easy!
- Information Session RSVP for a Linc Housing Volunteer Information Session at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSPW3jTSE1VErUrAcgTpJA9fQpo-DGMDmFWzrF1XyW1WY9VA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Application Once the volunteer application is received and processed, you will be contacted and invited to RSVP to a volunteer orientation. Our volunteer application can be found at the following link:
- Orientation During orientation you will have the opportunity to meet field staff, receive an introduction to the history and mission of Linc Housing, as well as learn the roles and responsibilities of your volunteer position
- Online Background Clearance Once you attend and complete an orientation, you will be contacted and invited to complete a background clearance through Sterling Volunteers. Each volunteer background clearance MUST be completed and confirmed before being assigned a volunteer position.
- COVID-19 POLICY Effective March 23rd, 2022, all Linc Housing volunteers must either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted a religious or medical accommodation by Linc Housing HR staff. You will be connected with Linc HR staff to either provide proof of vaccination status or complete our COVID policy exemption process prior to your 1st day of service.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1825 South Santa Fe AvenueSan Jacinto, CA 92583
July 27, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK