72 people are interested
WordPress Website Update Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Healing TREE
Please visit the new page to apply.
72 people are interested
About Healing TREE
1178 Broadway, 3rd Floor #1380, New York, NY 10001, US
OUR MISSION: Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Entertainment) advocates healing from abuse & trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives &, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources & education & by producing & partnering with relevant film, television, & theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement. THE ISSUE: Leading studies show that trauma (both interpersonal and systemic) is a public health crisis & the root cause of many of society's toughest problems: mental & physical illness, addiction, crime, domestic violence, homelessness & suicide. Effective treatments are available but there is a lack of integration between the trauma, mental health & med. fields & of general awareness on the issue. We exist to change that so that healing from trauma becomes the new normal. LOCATION: National organization - team members serve virtually!
ABOUT US VIDEO (4.5 min): https://youtu.be/UC8JtAkrcY8
PROGRAMMING VIDEO (4 min): https://youtu.be/PKyG7sG9qx0
- We support individuals suffering from trauma to get the help that they need to heal rather than cope through our Approved Care Network. (healingtreenonprofit.org/acn/)
- We facilitate trainings in the evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment modality EMDR to spread healing to underserved populations. (healingtreenonprofit.org/emdr/)
- We host workshops for high schoolers, college students and community members on the most insidious red flags of abuse and trauma built around our short film Silk. (healingtreenonprofit.org/silk/)
- We partnered with Aetna, under the CVS (#4 on the Fortune 500) umbrella, in a groundbreaking collaboration whereby they donated $380K to us to fund training in the brain-body based, trauma treatment modality EMDR. Press release: bit.ly/cvsaetnaht
- We have collaborated with some of the biggest names in the trauma field: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s team at the Trauma Center at JRI, NCTSN, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. David Grand & Dr. Jamie Marich.
- We have actors from hit Broadway, Film & TV shows as Artist Advocates (healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-team/)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2023
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Web Design / UX
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week.
- We're seeking someone reliable and responsive, who sets realistic expectations and follows through, who is a great communicator and pays excellent attention to detail.