2 people are interested
RMH Reception Volunteer Needed
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Purpose of Position:
Assisting the staff with receiving guests and phone calls. Directing guests and making them feel welcomed and comfortable. Provide support to the houseguests as needed.
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth and support by interacting with houseguests, providing information, answering questions and being an understanding listener (not counselor).
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls.
- Greet, register, and assist visitors.
- Assist staff as needed with special projects.
- Accepting donations.
- Volunteer a minimum of one 4-hour scheduled shift a week.
- Shifts are every day of the week (8 a.m. - 11 a.m. & 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. & 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Volunteers are asked to consider shifts as a serious commitment, for a minimum of one year, with minimal absences.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must show proof of full COVID Vaccination
- Must pass background check
- Personable, patient, flexible and good communicator.
- Able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Resourceful and able to work independently and in a team.
- Able to represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Sensitivity to families in crisis.
- Attend new volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers will be trained by staff and other volunteers during their scheduled shift.
- Will be provided with a volunteer handbook.
- Additionally, volunteer will receive training on check in system, referral taking, checking in and out.
- Answer phones, redirect phone calls as necessary
- Receive guests and determine reason for visit
- Monitor House cameras for potential issues
- Address questions of visitors and house guests
- Accept donations and ensure proper documentation is completed
- Complete room requests with potential guest families
- morning / 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- evening / 05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
Located at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, 1 Woods Road, PO Box 299, Valhalla, NY 10595, US
Our mission at Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley is to provide a home-away-from-home for families of critically ill or traumatically injured children.
Our new house will accommodate 12 families each night in private bedrooms with baths. The House also includes a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, play room and lounge areas.
A family can stay at the House as long as their child is receiving treatment at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital. On average, a family will stay at the House for 7 nights; however, families have stayed with us for as long as 9 months.
Although our actual cost is approximately $100.00 per night per family, we only ask for $15.00 per night per family to stay at our house. We never turn a family away due to inability to pay.
Our House is accessible to our families 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The office is open 7 days per week from 9am-9pm.
Ronald McDonald House80 Woods RoadValhalla, NY 10595
July 26, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training