Grant Writer and Researcher
ORGANIZATION: Herizon Music Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Grant Writer Job Description: Top Duties and Qualifications
A Grant Writer, or Grantmaker, is responsible for finding funding opportunities for an organization and writing polished proposals to earn grant money. Their duties include researching deadlines, drafting grant requests and submitting reports for approval.Grant Writer Duties and Responsibilities
An effective Grant Writer should have excellent research and communication skills. They should be able to clearly communicate in both written and verbal communication, especially in grant proposals, as this is their primary duty. Include any special duties that you expect the successful candidate to perform.
Examples of Grant Writer duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
About Herizon Music Foundation
3571 FAR WEST BLVD, NO 3152, Austin, TX 78731, US
Herizon Music Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit envisions a music industry where any woman can make a living based on merit, no matter her age, appearance, familial status, or orientation. Our mission is to uplift the next gen of womxn in music through education, experience, and role-modeling programs.
We have three main areas of support for women in music: EDUCATION-this is done by creating material, trainings, webinars, speaking engagements, and panel discussions around all areas of the music industry but especially concerning discrimination around age, appearance, familial status, and sexual orientation. EXPERIENCE-this is done by giving musicians free access to our booking platform called Herizon Music, bookings by Random Acts of Music. Women can create a profile listing the types of gigs they wish to play, in person or virtual, and get paid fair wages. We guarantee payment prior to start of gig and address any issues that arise (hopefully this never happens but we got you in case :-). ROLE MODELING-this is through Herizon Music' Backstage Chat series where we interview influential women in the biz from artists, producers, and everything in between.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2022
- Technical Writing
- Market Research
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Whatever you can give!
- Previous nonprofit grant experience.