Community Educator in Ellensburg/Kittitas County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Alzheimer's Association-Washington State Chapter (SE and Central WA)
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences.
• Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
• Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
• Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
• Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
• Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
• Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
• Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
• Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
• Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
• Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually, about 1.5hrs per presentation.
• All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
• Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
• Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community.
• Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
• Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
• Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Ellensburg, WA 99352
July 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH