EPCOG EDA Analyst for Economic Planning VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: U.S. Economic Development Administration- Austin Office VISTA Program
EPGOC partners with the U.S. Economic Development Administration to provide region-wide strategic economic development planning. The VISTA will work directly with community leaders, gathering in-depth information about local economic development needs to help create jobs and improve quality of life in our rural communities. During their service, the VISTA will partner with the community to problem-solve, recommend economic development activities, and identify potential resources and collaborations for those communities. The economic development capacity built by the VISTA will provide the communities the tools to build job opportunities for community members and improve quality of life. This work will be reflected in the development of the update of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy and the implementation of the plan in tandem with the Regional Recovery Plan.
The VISTA member will alleviate poverty by assisting disadvantaged communities with economic development activities that will increase and retain job opportunities in the region. The VISTA will review and make recommendations for the current 5-year Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and apply best practices by comparing and contrasting other regional CEDS within the state and with other comparable organizations and regions. The review efforts will include research, outreach, and assessment of needs in the communities to determine effective strategies to address the unique rural issues within the district. The VISTA will also assist EPCOG with the implementation of the Regional Recovery Plan in response to the global pandemic. The VISTA will work with staff and consultants on the utilization of data and industry needs as well as assessing the impacts of the pandemic on the community, including developing best practices for future economic disruptions.Benefits
· The position provides a $1,350/month living stipend.
· Relocation Assistance
· Health Care Program
· Child Care
· Student Loan Deferment and Interest Forbearance
· Professional Development
· End of Service Award - After a successful year of service, VISTAs can choose to receive either a:
· $1,800 cash stipend or
· $6,345 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award that can be put towards student loans or pursuing further education.
· Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status - Once a VISTA successfully completes service that VISTA will receive one year of non-competitive eligibility for employment in the federal government. (This special hiring status enables the former VISTA to apply for federal jobs with the advantage of not having to go through the standard public competitive selection process.)
· Access to a large AmeriCorps Alumni network.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
418 North Main StreetClovis, NM 88101
July 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME