Human Resources Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
As a Human Resources Volunteer, you will liaise among departments to improve individual and collective performance in support of the organization’s mission. It is expected that you facilitate the necessary communication within and among teams to ensure an effective working relationship among all members of the organization.
- Schedule and actively participate in the interview and onboarding process
- Update and deploy job descriptions on recruiting platforms
- Ensure data integrity with personnel files and training materials
- Manage any and all employee relations matters including investigations, conflict resolution and addressing employee concerns
- Roll out HR programs including, but not limited to, employee surveys, performance reviews
- Design and recommend enhancements, improvements, and simplifications of existing HR policies and procedures
- 1-2+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Experience applying human resources acumen to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in collaborative and individual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
July 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK