NCNMEDD EDA Development and Data VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: U.S. Economic Development Administration- Austin Office VISTA Program
This project will focus on the North Central New Mexico region, bolstering evidence based economic development strategies. The VISTA will advance data systems, research historical rural resource allocation, develop methods to assess local capacity and compile a web-based resource summarizing the available state/federal resources/data. Additionally, NCNMEDD is partnering with the innovative USDA led Rural Partners Network pilot program created to build rural capacity. The VISTA will work with NCNMEDD staff to facilitate this partnership initiative and leverage NCNMEDD’s capabilities into meaningful, measurable support. The overall goal is to build capacity in rural, economically distressed communities to alleviate poverty, reduce unemployment, and provide a better quality of life. There is a flexible start date from June-August 2022 and telework may be permitted. This project is sponsored by the Austin Regional Office (AURO) of the Economic Development Administration (EDA) and will be directly supervised by NCNMEDD in Santa Fe, New Mexico. NCNMEDD partners with the U.S. Economic Development Administration to provide region-wide strategic economic development planning. The overall EDA Mission is "to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting innovation and competitiveness, preparing American regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy."
The VISTA will directly work the Community Development Director along with the sub-site staff and community leaders to gather in-depth information on local development needs, organize resources and communicate data-driven observations. Over the course of the service year the VISTA will partner with communities to problem-solve, recommend development activities, and identify potential resources and collaborations for those communities. The development capacity built by the Vista will provide the communities the tools to address housing challenges and build job opportunities for community members and improve quality of life.Benefits
· The position provides a $1,350/month living stipend.
· Relocation Assistance
· Health Care Program
· Child Care
· Student Loan Deferment and Interest Forbearance
· Professional Development
· End of Service Award - After a successful year of service, VISTAs can choose to receive either a:
· $1,800 cash stipend or
· $6,345 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award that can be put towards student loans or pursuing further education.
· Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) Status - Once a VISTA successfully completes service that VISTA will receive one year of non-competitive eligibility for employment in the federal government. (This special hiring status enables the former VISTA to apply for federal jobs with the advantage of not having to go through the standard public competitive selection process.)
· Access to a large AmeriCorps Alumni network.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3900 Paseo del SolSanta Fe, NM 87507
July 26, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME