Become a Cat Foster
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Fostering saves lives! Every pet placed in a foster home opens up a space in a shelter for another animal in need. By fostering a pet, you just saved two lives.
As a foster parent, you’re a surrogate family, taking a homeless dog or cat in need into your home and caring for the animal until the pet is adopted.
- Fosters help get pets adoption ready by:
- Helping a sick/injured pet get well
- Getting a pet used to being in a home
- Socialization with people and animals
- Basic training
- Promoting their foster online and at adoption events
- Providing love
We’re looking for fosters who can:
- Provide a loving and supportive home to animals in transition.
- Comply with instructions from the Medical Team regarding medications and treatments of the animal. Work with the Medical Team to transport the animal to and from veterinarian appointments.
- Arrange to have photographs taken by one of our photography team volunteers in a timely manner. High quality photos help us get animals adopted quickly!
- Complete our biography questionnaire in a timely manner. Detailed and interesting bios attract attention and help animals find their forever home!
- Bring the animal to adoption events; ensure the animal is available during events to maximize the opportunity to find a forever home.
If you’re looking to make a difference in the life of an animal and become an important part of the mission to save homeless pets, complete our online fostering application at - https://www.louieslegacy.org/wp/get-involved/foster/
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Plainville, CT 45247
July 26, 2022
- Public Advocacy