DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
After School Program Volunteers Needed!!! (Sacramento, CA)
ORGANIZATION: LINC Housing
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Youth Education Volunteers at LINC Cares serve at after-school programs and summer clubs that provide fun recreational activities, support strong educational habits, and promote good health and positive social development for children in our communities.
- Providing homework support and 1-to-1 tutoring
- Organizing recreational, computer, and arts & crafts activities
- Promoting positive social development
- Mentoring and being a positive role model
- Setting up & cleaning up of facility
Youth education services take place directly at LINC Housing apartments inside LINC Cares community centers. Our staff and volunteers’ primary goal is to keep kids safe by creating an environment that fosters learning and creativity---free of charge to those most in need.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the lives of low-income youth in our community!
How to Enroll
To become a Summer Club Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is easy!
1. Information Session RSVP for a Linc Housing Volunteer Information Session at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSPW3jTSE1VErUrAcgTpJA9fQpo-DGMDmFWzrF1XyW1WY9VA/viewform?usp=sf_link
2. Application Once the volunteer application is received and processed, you will be contacted and invited to RSVP to a volunteer orientation. Our volunteer application can be found at the following link:
During orientation you will have the opportunity to meet field staff, receive an introduction to the history and mission of Linc Housing, as well as learn the roles and responsibilities of your volunteer position
4. Online Background Clearance
Once you attend and complete an orientation, you will be contacted and invited to complete a background clearance through Sterling Volunteers. Each volunteer background clearance MUST be completed and confirmed before being assigned a volunteer position.
5. COVID-19 POLICY
Effective March 23rd, 2022, all Linc Housing volunteers must either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted a religious or medical accommodation by Linc Housing HR staff. You will be connected with Linc HR staff to either provide proof of vaccination status or complete our COVID policy exemption process prior to your 1st day of service.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at email@example.com
03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Monday -Thursday available. Volunteer only expected to serve ONE DAY/WEEK
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
Linc provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
Linc Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Our resident services department provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
Mosaic Gardens Taylor Terrace4058 Taylor StreetSacramento, CA 95838
July 26, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training