HELP BRIGHTEN THE HOLIDAYS FOR MILITARY FAMILIES! - Remote Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - San Diego
Please visit the new page to apply.
BACKGROUND: The Soldiers’ Angels Holiday Adopt-A-Family program helps businesses, organizations, and individuals support qualified military and veteran families that could use some help providing a holiday celebration for their families. Eligible families will receive (at minimum) gifts for each child and a grocery gift card to put towards a holiday meal.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Adopt-A-Family (AAF) Application Assistance Volunteer is an integral part of the Adopt-A-Family program. This is a critical role that helps to ensure that families holidays are as bright as possible. This volunteer would call families that have signed up and speak with them about their eligibility.
IMPACT: It is our goal to serve every eligible family who is need this holiday season. You can be a part of making that happen and changing lives of our service members and veterans. In 2021, more than 1,200 families were supported.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for contacting and vetting applicants to confirm eligibility for Adopt A Family program.
- Responsible for verifying families’ wish lists follow the parameters set by Soldiers’ Angels.
- Responsible for contacting adopter (individuals and organizations) to ensure understanding of program requirements.
- Communicates with the Adopt-A-Family Veteran Intern and Family Support Teams Program Manager on unresponsive adopters and general issues with clients or adopters.
- Highly organized
- Able to volunteer at least two hours a week.
- Excellent Microsoft Office with proficient Excel and data input skills.
- Able to work in a high stress and deadline-oriented environment.
- Willing to make phone calls to a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
About Soldiers' Angels - San Diego
3350 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92161, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support for the San Diego CA area as well as the San Diego VA Health Care System.
Soldiers' Angels has many wonderful programs to support our military families, deployed service members, wounded service members and veterans. Our programs are broken into categories based on the population they serve. Soldiers' Angels offers programs for wounded, deployed, families, and others. Most of our programs could not be possible without the support of the wonderful Angels who dedicate their time, money and talents, to the organization.
"May No Soldier Go Unloved" encapsulates the motivation behind Soldiers' Angels. The volunteers of Soldiers' Angels work tirelessly supporting our nation's veterans, wounded heroes, deployed service members and their families.
In 2017 alone, Soldiers’ Angels provided over $17 million in aid to over 360,000 service members, veterans, wounded heroes, and military families. Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are the heart of the organization and logged over 148,000 volunteer hours just in 2017!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 16, 2022
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Four hours a week