HELP US DECK THE HALLS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON FOR VETERANS!
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - Dallas
Please visit the new page to apply.
BACKGROUND: The Soldiers’ Angels Holiday Adopt-A-Family program helps businesses, organizations, and individuals support qualified military and veteran families that could use some help providing a holiday celebration for their families. Eligible families will receive (at minimum) gifts for each child and a grocery gift card to put towards a holiday meal.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Adopt-A-Family (AAF) Application Assistance Volunteer is an integral part of the Adopt-A-Family program. This is a critical role that helps to ensure that families holidays are as bright as possible. This volunteer would call families that have signed up and speak with them about their eligibility.
IMPACT: It is our goal to serve every eligible family who is need this holiday season. You can be a part of making that happen and changing lives of our service members and veterans. In 2021, more than 1,200 families were supported.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for contacting and vetting applicants to confirm eligibility for Adopt-A-Family program.
- Responsible for verifying families’ wish lists follow the parameters set by Soldiers’ Angels.
- Responsible for contacting adopter (individuals and organizations) to ensure understanding of program requirements.
- Communicates with the Adopt-A-Family Veteran Intern and Family Support Teams Program Manager on unresponsive adopters and general issues with clients or adopters.
- Highly organized
- Able to volunteer at least two hours a week.
- Excellent Microsoft Office with proficient Excel and data input skills.
- Able to work in a high stress and deadline-oriented environment.
- Willing to make phone calls to a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
About Soldiers' Angels - Dallas
Veterans Resource Center, 4900 Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75216, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Dallas/Ft Worth metro area and the Dallas VA.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 16, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Background Check
- two hours a week