Food Security and Agriculture VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Sustaining Way
Goal of the Project:
To help improve Sustaining Way’s efficiency and effectiveness in addressing food insecurity and access to and consumption of healthy food in Nicholtown and other marginalized communities. The VISTA project will accomplish this by increasing resident participation in food security programs and activities, developing food security impact measures and means to track, developing/organizing processes and procedures for site and garden maintenance, increasing food security educational offerings and increasing volunteer engagement in food security related initiatives.
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Health coverage*
- Living allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
Primary: Increase resident participation in food security programs and activities by increasing the number of backyard gardens and community gardens.
- Associate degree and/or some college;
- Well aligned to Sustaining Way’s Mission and Values;
- Passion for sustainability and environmental/social justice;
- Desire and potential to develop into a leader in social/environmental justice;
- Skills/interest in sustainable agriculture, organic gardening, permaculture, and/or community agriculture;
- Good organizational and time management skills; proactive and self-motivated;
- Ability to perform regular landscaping activities;
- Works well in team environment;
- Ability/desire to live/demonstrate how to live a simpler more sustainable life and lead others how to do the same
Hiring for a year of AMERICORP VISTA service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17,600.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Standard COVID 19 precautions are taken on site.
- Why are you interested in Sustaining Way and this position?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6920 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
60 Baxter StreetGreenville, SC 29607
July 24, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME