Volunteer Services: Red Cross Recruitment Team Member Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central Maryland Chapter
The American Red Cross of Central Maryland (Baltimore City, Carroll, and Harford Counties), seeks volunteers (16+ years of age) to join our team as Recruitment Volunteers to help identify talent to grow our Red Cross team. We’re looking for creative, outgoing, and solution-orientated individuals with a desire to develop their leadership, communications, and critical thinking skills while supporting the Red Cross mission.
You will have the opportunity to grow in non-profit Human Resources experience and learn targeted recruitment of a diverse and talented volunteer workforce.
As a recruitment volunteer, you will:
· Recruit volunteers within a specific line of service and/or department
· Meet regularly with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs
· Assist in the development and implementation of volunteer recruitment activities
· Utilize social media, flyers, and online sites, attend community events, fair and festivals, support information tables, and give presentations (virtually or in-person) to promote open volunteer opportunities
· Utilize email, phone, video conferencing, and in-person communication to identify and develop community partners for recruiting
· Attend community events to raise awareness of Red Cross volunteer opportunities
· Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others
· Good computer skills including use of internet search tools, intranet and Microsoft Office Suite
· Awareness and appreciation for processes in recruitment, sales, marketing and/or advertising
· Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs and the importance of volunteerism
· Successfully clear a standard background check
· Monthly requirement of a minimum of 5 -10 hours
· Completion of 1+ recruitment activity/activities per week
· Engagement can be evenings and weekends, some weekday availability needed to meet with Recruitment Team
· Commitment of a minimum of one year.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Baltimore, MD 21215
July 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK