Volunteer Opportunity at Orphanage and Farm in South India
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Blossom Trust
Greetings from Virudhunagar!
Our Dayspring Home and Farm need volunteers to help us with farming and children’s activities. As a volunteer, you will be welcomed to the community of long-term staff and local farmers, as well as other short-term foreign volunteers. You will have the opportunity to discover beautiful Tamil Nadu and the many Hindu temples that this state is known for. Immerse yourself and learn about southern, rural Indian life and culture!
You have the freedom to choose from a variety of job and project options on our farm and in the Dayspring home. You will receive support if you choose to create your own interesting and engaging project.
You can help us with:
- Maintaining the grounds: General maintenance, such as gardening, cleaning clutter and maintaining safety standards on the grounds in whatever way is needed at the time of your visit. Maintain the farm by cleaning facilities, and repairing walls, fences and roofs of the barn and chicken coops.
- Farming and Animal care: Help on the farm with planting, nurturing and harvesting crops (depending on the season) and necessary labor implements such as building furrows, etc. Helping with the animal rearing and feeding, and collecting animal products such as milk and egg production.
- Administrative Work at the Office: Assisting with administrative tasks, social media, grant writing and fundraising support within the office in Virduhunagar.
- Helping our children with English, computer literacy and internet safety. Having organized fun activities such as dance parties, art projects, and games.
What we provide our volunteers:
- Accommodation: Volunteers will have a shared or private room in the house which includes: western toilets, mosquito nets, a bed (please bring sheets, a towel and toiletries), free Wi-Fi in the community room and English-speaking staff support at all times. The home has a water purification system, so you will always have access to clean drinking water.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided, meals consist of rice, dosa, or idly and a curry. For more variety, additional food options are available in Virudhunagar, the town where our office is located (meals are between Rs. 20-200). You are expected to pay for your bus ride to and from Virudhunagar (Rs. 10-11).
We are so excited to have you! Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions we are here to help!
Best wishes from the team.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
77 Sekkilar StreetVirudhunagar, TN 626 001India
July 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS