Veteran to Veteran Volunteers Needed!
ORGANIZATION: Compassus Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited veteran volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as veterans. Veteran volunteers are important because they are able to form a camaraderie with veteran patients that can help eliminate the stoicism and secrecy that veteran patients often develop from having served in the armed forces.
Veteran Volunteers can help by:
- Assist veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving veteran benefits
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veteran’s Day and other recognition events
- Friendly visits
- Improve communication within families
- Assist in replacing lost medals
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Read to patients
Veteran volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each veteran patient allowing them to become an essential piece in the delivery of quality end-of-life care.
About Compassus Hospice
7210 N Villa Lake Dr., Peoria, IL 61614, US
We meet the needs of patients and families with Compassion while conducting our business with uncompromising Integrity and pursuing the highest standards of excellence with a sense of urgency and quality care.
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
If you are compassionate, caring, and have a calling to help others, becoming a hospice volunteer might be the perfect opportunity for you. Our volunteers give their time, talent and hearts generously and unselfishly - yet commonly feel that they receive more than they give. Volunteers may choose the area in which they prefer to function and the hours they are willing to donate. We serve all of [enter your service area here].
Some areas to volunteer include:
- Patient Support: Providing Companionship to the Patient and/or Caregiver Relief
- Administrative: Data Entry, Filing and Office Assistance
- Special Projects: Nursing Home Activities, Sewing, Holidays, Special Events
- Bereavement Support
Multiple locations Peoria, IL 61614
July 22, 2022
- Family Therapy
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Our volunteers usually donate 1 to 3 hours a week on average, but there is no set requirement