VITAS is looking for caring individuals to share their voice and time as Telephone Assurance Program (TAP) Volunteers to help terminally ill patients and their families. TAP is a program in which in home hospice patients (and their family members) receive "check-in" phone calls by VITAS TAP Volunteers.
If you enjoy talking on the phone and have time to make a few phone calls, you may be a perfect TAP Volunteer. Volunteers work from their own homes or from the VITAS office, checking on VITAS patients in their homes. TAP Volunteers inquire about how patients and families are doing, calm anxious patients or loved ones, provide grief support or simply listen.
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be an outstanding TAP Volunteer. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- Offer Companionship and...