VITAS Healthcare(r) is looking for people who love to sew who are able to share their skills with hospice patients and families.
A Memory Bear, sewn by a volunteer with compassion and love, is a forever friend who can ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS hospice patient.
Sewn from a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe or nightgown, a Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a parent or sibling.
This is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community. By taking time out of your busy work week you can make the biggest difference in another’s life.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- MSW Interns Needed to Provide...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- Offer Companionship and...