Massage Therapy and Reiki Volunteers comfort VITAS patients at the end of life--and their families--with relaxing and pain-reducing therapeutic touch and massage. A dying patient's sense of isolation from the world around him or her is often made worse by the lack of comforting human touch. Muscles may be contracted and stiff, and all that is needed is for someone to gently rub the shoulders, neck and back. When patients spend their days immobile in a recliner or bed, Massage Therapy and Reiki Volunteers provide compassionate touch, relaxation, a sense of well being, emotional health and a state of balance. And volunteering your professional services to a VITAS patient makes you feel as good as your patient feels.Please contact if interested.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- Offer Companionship and...