Become a Care Companion for FSL Day Center Guests
ORGANIZATION: FSL Helping You Live Independently
Please visit the new page to apply.
The work of the Care Companion allows FSL to give the highest quality service and attention to our adult center clients by providing an extra pair of hands. We work with adults 18 years of age and above who have either physical or cognitive disabilities.
The Care Companion Volunteer will engage in conversations, play games, and/or assist with tasks of a light-duty nature to bring happiness to the lives of those we are privileged to serve. The Care Companion Volunteer will report directly to the Center Director. He/she will work collaboratively with the Team Leaders, Direct Care Workers (DCW), Nurses, and Service Coordinator.
FSL has two locations to choose from in Tempe and Glendale.
6 More opportunities with FSL Helping You Live Independently
About FSL Helping You Live Independently
1201 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85014, US
FSL, a non-profit health and human services organization, has been caring for Arizonans since 1974. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. Our vision is a caring community that promotes the health and well-being of all.
Helping You Live Independently
For more than 45 years, FSL has been caring for Arizonans. Our mission is to provide home and community-based services and develop energy-efficient, affordable housing to promote health, independence, and dignity for all. We do this by providing:
- Safe Home: We develop both single- and multi-family homes, and we manage multi-family affordable housing complexes and residential behavioral Health Therapeutic Home Programs.
- Nutritious Meals: We provide 375,000 pounds of food to families in need from our two food pantries in the rural Arizona towns of Wickenberg and Williams. Additionally, we serve nearly 800 congregate and home-delivered meals to Arizonans each day.
- Health & Wellness: We provide home and community-based services to enhance independence for Arizonans of all ages, including adult day health, Medicare-certified home health, and other non-medical services.
- Education: We educate clients, family and professional caregivers, and members of the community in an effort to empower them to maintain and enhance independence for themselves, their loved ones, and their clients.
Contact us today to see how you can help us make life better for people in your community!
Multiple locations Phoenix, AZ 85014
May 23, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Given the extensive training and relationship building with our guests, FSL is looking for people that can commit to a minimum of 20 hours per month for at least a year.
- Volunteers must pass an extensive background check that includes acquiring a fingerprint clearance card.