10 people are interested
Patient Visiting Cart
ORGANIZATION: Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
PURPOSE: To assist staff in providing the highest quality of patient care by providing a friendly visit and making patients aware of the services available to them during their hospital stay.
Volunteer will have a cart that is stocked full of items (magazines, books, crafts, playing cards, puzzles, pens & pencils) and clipboard with Patient Visit Logs to desired patient care unit.
All patients on the unit receive a visit, except those in isolation. REMINDER: Volunteers are not allowed in patient isolation rooms.
1. Must enjoy meeting people
2. Must display a kind and sympathetic attitude and the ability to relate easily to a diverse population of ill patients.
3. Must not answer questions/give advice regarding a patient’s medical condition/diagnosis; refer any complaints or concerns to the nurse.
4. Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the Medical Center.
5. Be able to work independently; autonomy and self-direction are encouraged once staff has shared any pertinent information at the beginning of the volunteer's assignment.
More opportunities with Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center
333 North Madison Street, Joliet, IL 60435, US
To extend the healing ministry of Jesus.
Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet is an award-winning medical center recognized for overall clinical excellence. The medical center is a regional referral center serving Will and surrounding counties as well as the southwest Chicago suburbs. Saint Joseph Medical Center is a certified Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, and provides CARF-accredited rehabilitation services. We have also been recognized nationally for a top-rated Neuroscience Institute, advanced cardiac care, comprehensive orthopedic program, family-centered obstetrics, and a Level II Trauma Center.
By the numbers
- Founded: 1882
- Licensed Beds: 480
- Physicians: 585
Key services include
- Neuroscience Institute - 24/7 neurosurgery and neuroendovascular
- Cardiovascular services - including open heart surgery and electrophysiology lab
- Pediatric emergency department
- Women’s health
- DaVinci robotic surgery
- Cancer care center
- Emergency services
- Maternal Child services
- Surgical services
- Wound Center with hyperbaric treatment
- Sleep Center
333 Madison StreetJoliet, IL 60435
March 21, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training