Sparrow Ionia Gift Shop Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Sparrow Health System
Please visit the new page to apply.
Sparrow Ionia Gift Shop Volunteer
Position Reports to Gift Shop & Visitor Experience Specialist
Location Sparrow Ionia Hospital (3565 S. State Rd., Ionia MI 48846)
The Sparrow Gift Shops exists to raise funds for the hospital. The shop serves the patients, visitors, and associates of Sparrow by providing high-quality items and a unique shopping experience.
The ideal volunteer for the Sparrow Gift Shop has a keen eye for customer service. We seek volunteers who are comfortable approaching customers to offer a warm welcome and assistance. Also, volunteers with demonstrated computer skills are desired to complete sales transactions on the computer cash register. Accuracy in making change, counting drawers, and observing the cash handling protocols is also required.
This description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned regularly. Volunteers may be asked to perform additional responsibilities by their department.
Volunteers serve in the gift shop, greet customers as they enter, assist customers with merchandise, take phone orders, and complete sales transactions using a cash register with price tag scanning.
Required Responsibilities of the Volunteer
* Demonstrates knowledge and maintains respect for patients’ right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
* Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and the Sparrow Volunteer Promise.
* Models behaviors that value the diversity of our patients, volunteers, caregivers, and customers and support creating an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment.
* Communicates with patients, families, and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Durations, Explanation, Thank).
* Signs in at the computer kiosk at the start and end of each shift.
* Obtains an annual flu vaccine and provides verification to Volunteer Services.
* Works safely and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities.
* Commits to at least one year of volunteer service with Sparrow.
* Arranges for a substitute in advance of a planned absence.
* Maintains proper uniform, including wearing the Sparrow ID Badge.
Physical Aspects of This Position
This position requires walking (20%), standing (80%), light lifting, reading, and communicating face to face with customers. This position also includes the use of a computerized cash register system.
The gift shop can be busy, and attention must be given to assisting customers and monitoring inventory to prevent loss. Customer service is key to the success of the shop.
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Additional hours may be come available if volunteers are interested.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Sparrow Health System
1215 E. Michigan, P.O. Box 30480, Lansing, MI 48909, US
The mission of Sparrow is to imporve the health of the people of Mid-Michigan by providing quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time.
Premier health care organization located in Lansing Michigan offers unique, challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
3565 South State RoadIonia, MI 48846
September 5, 2023
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 56 hours annually.
- Please visit www.sparrow.org/volunteer to begin the volunteer application process.