DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
RLC Partnerships Research Assistant Internship
ORGANIZATION: Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
How to Apply
Email Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org the following: One-page cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references (including email and phone contact information)
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 nonprofit food rescue organization that is committed to preventing food from going to waste and alleviating hunger and food insecurity. We leverage technology and crowdsource community members as Rescuers to redistribute surplus food from businesses to organizations that serve the underserved. Founded in 2013, RLC has rescued over 8 million pounds of food nationwide.
RLC is seeking an ambitious, strategic, passionate Research Assistant Intern who is committed to social, environmental and local action to join our small, founder-led team and continue our impressive growth trajectory. This is a part-time, unpaid internship position, with opportunities for growth. Flexible hours (15-20 or more hours weekly) with a minimum 120 hour commitment. We welcome the opportunity to work with your school or school’s foundation to provide school credit or a stipend. Reporting to the Partnerships Director, the Research Assistant will help RLC recruit Food Donor Partners so we can significantly increase our social and environmental impact. Fully remote position (Eastern Time preferred but not required).
- Brainstorm and research opportunities for national Food Donor partnerships (restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Research and organize up-to-date and impactful metrics, data, etc. related to social & environmental equity, justice, sustainability, etc.
- Related data entry
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Suite (Docs, Presentations and Sheets)
- Strong organizational, time management, attention-to-detail and verbal & written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities
- Creative and curious search and analytical skills with strong attention-to-detail and effective note-taking
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect & responsibility
- We’re passionate about food rescue and its potential to eliminate food insecurity and hunger
- We work hard, but we have fun doing it via monthly team-building activities, and more!
- We aim high: we’ve grown every year, in terms of both new partners and pounds of food rescued, and we’re projected to continue that growth trend each year moving forward
- This position comes with opportunities for advancement within our organization
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
The mission of RLC is to redistribute excess food to feed people experiencing food insecurity.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to nonprofit recipients, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 8 million pounds of food since our inception.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 21, 2022
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- This is a part-time, unpaid internship position, with opportunities for growth. Flexible hours (15-20 or more hours weekly) with a minimum 120-hour commitment.
- We welcome the opportunity to work with your school or school’s foundation to provide school credit or a stipend