7 people are interested
Classroom Program Assistant (Volunteer)
ORGANIZATION: ASD Adult Achievement Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
We are looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate, and friendly volunteer/unpaid intern to assist with one or more of the following classes we offer for high-functioning adults with autism.
- Career Success Shop (a course promoting career readiness, job search, resume and cover letter writing, and interview skills)
- Launch Pad(a course teaching independent living skills, such as budgeting, housing, insurance, food and health, transportation, and time management)
- Task Masters(a course promoting executive functioning skills, such as personal organization, goal setting, and planning)
- Self Advocacy ( a course teaching adults with autism to advocate for their needs, abilities, and needed accommodations in their school, work, home, and community)
- The volunteer position will be a commitment of volunteering at least 1 day per week for 4 hrs/day.
- You are welcome and encouraged to assist with more than one program during the semester that you volunteer! The dates/times of the 4 programs will vary each semester, so your scheduled shifts will be determined based on your availability for the semester.
- Instruction takes place in-person at our center in Altamonte Springs, so you'll be volunteering in-person at our center.
- The volunteer must be able to communicate and interact effectively and respectfully with high-functioning adults with ASD.
Skills and Abilities
- Teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with young adults with autism or special needs is preferred but not required.
- Must demonstrate empathy, patience, and friendliness while working with high-functioning adults with autism, and have a passion for giving back to the community!
About ASD Adult Achievement Center
283 Cranes Roost Blvd, Suite 111, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, US
Our mission is to provide an environment where adults with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) can come together to learn skills, strategies and solutions to promote personal and professional achievement and independence.
ASD Adult Achievement Center is a non-profit provider of services for individuals with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). Founded in 2016, ASD Achievement serves adults 18 and over who desire greater independence. ASD Achievement provides training and education in the areas of independent life skills, social skills, executive function skills and job readiness skills to Central Florida residents.
222 South Westmonte DriveSuite 230Altamonte SpringsAltamonte Springs, FL 32714
August 15, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hrs per week, with weekly shifts at the same time, dependent upon volunteer's availability.
- Must be compassionate, patient, and comfortable working with young adults with high functioning autism (ASD)